Things to consider when buying a floor chair
When you made the decision to purchase a floor chair (best decision of your life if you ask me), there are a few things to take into consideration to make sure you will not be disappointed with your purchase.
- 1. Portability: When purchasing a floor chair it is important to know if it is easy to move around. Some floor chairs might be heavier than expected, which means they are harder to take to a different location. This of course does not matter so much when you use your chair on a fixed position.
- 2. Damage of floors: just like normal furniture floor level chairs can cause scratches on your floor surface when sliding. Some floors and chairs are more prone to scratching of the floor surface than others. In case you are not sure if your chair scratches, or if you just want to be sure, we recommend you purchase a floor mat to protect your floor. You can also use chair sliders / gliders that guard your floor from harmful scratches.
- 3. Adjustable back: as mentioned earlier some chairs have an adjustable back, allowing you to choose different angles of inclination for the backrest. Do you want to use your chair in different situations, and with more than a single inclination? Then an adjustable backrest is definitely recommended for your chair!
- 4. Armrest: Some floor level chairs have armrest, while others do not. It is important to consider the situation in which you will be using your chair most, before deciding if an armrest is wishful or not.
- 5. Adults or kids: when buying a floor chair make sure that the chair has the proper dimensions! You would not be the first adult who accidentally bought a floor chair intended for kids!
- 6. Design: plays an important role in your decision. The last thing you want is to end up with a floor chair that does not match the design of your interior. The design of your floor chair is really important, but unfortunately we cannot advice you in subjective matters!
- 7. Flexibility: This plays a role in getting on and of your seat. When you get out of a normal chair, this is usually easier because you don"t need to flex your muscles so much. If you are not used to sit on a floor chair it might be harder to get up than usual, because of this lack of flexibility / fitness. However, over time you will get more and more used to it.
- 8. Positioning: definitely an important factor. If you purchase a zaisu you want to use and enjoy it as much as possible. Do you have any place in your house that offers a suitable place for your zaisu? I for example have a low coffee table that I can use as a desk when sitting on my floor chair.
sign up for the latest catalogue, new design and promotion
- Room 321, Unit 2, Building No.24, #957, Xixi Road, Xihu, District, Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China